Due to Covid-19, our Job Centers are temporarily closed.
In the mean time we posted a list HERE of assistance programs and links to apply for unemployment and rent assistance.
To keep you and our staff safe, people are placed at every other computer to maintain social distancing and each work station is disinfected after its used.
Our Job Centers can help you apply for unemployment, food stamps, basic needs assistance, find jobs in essential services that are actively hiring, and fill out the Census
“I just wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to help me write such a nice resume. This will help me move forward.” a Job Connection Center visitor
Goodwill® of Southern Arizona’s Job Connection Centers are community-based centers funded solely by the donations and sales from our retail thrift stores. People are welcome to use the resource center at no cost! All five locations (3 in Tucson, Sierra Vista, and Casa Grande), offer access to computers with internet, phones, fax machines, copiers and printers.
The Goodwill® Job Connection Center Team is eager to help!
JOB CONNECTION CENTERS
The centers are staffed with on-site Career Development Specialists who can offer guidance and assistance in the areas of basic computer skills, employment, education and/or community supports. Services are provided on a walk-in-basis and
no appointments are necessary.
Customers at the Job Connection Centers can:
- Create email accounts
- Get assistance on resumes and cover letters
- Review the job postings/referral board
- Search and apply to jobs online
- Seek guidance in interview preparation,
- Career exploration, as well as
- Learn about training/other opportunities and resources available in Southern Arizona.
- Help with new hire paperwork.
JOB CONNECTION CENTER Plus (JCCPlus)
The Career Development Specialist at the Job Connection Center Plus located at 7201 E 22nd Street, Tucson can provide the same services as our Job Connection Centers AND the opportunity to receive career planning and development services with an individualized career plan detailing set goals and objectives designed to move the participant toward employment and a plan for clear career advancement. JCCPlus also offers one-on-one case management services designed to assist the participant in making steady progress toward their career goals.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Have the potential to benefit from Goodwill’s JCC Plus services.
- Have an expressed interest in developing a written employment and career plan with short- and long-term goals.
- Willing and able to invest the time and effort needed to work towards obtaining employment with career advancement pathways
For more information about Job Connection Center Plus services or to refer an individual, please:
- Visit the Job Connection Center Plus at 7201 E 22nd Street, Tucson. Monday – Friday, 10am – 12noon, 1pm – 5pm.
- Contact Liz Donaldson, Career Development Specialist at (520) 545-9266 or email@example.com
JAWS (Job Access with Speech) screen reading software for Microsoft Windows, allows for text-to-speech output is available for visually-impaired users at our Sierra Vista, Casa Grande and JCCPlus location in Tucson.
FREE e-LEARNING WORKSHOPS
Exciting new technology partner! Our Job Connection Centers now offer extensive online employment and job search related learning opportunities. Once you register at one of our local participating programs you can access the online platform from anywhere you have internet access.
Here is a quick video how on the Accenture – Skills to Succeed Academy can help you develop employability skills like interviewing. WATCH HERE
FIND A JOB CONNECTION CENTER
REPORT YOUR JOB PLACEMENT!
If you get a job through the help of a Goodwill Job Connection Center, report that success here for the chance to win a $25 gift card.