Goodwill®’s GoodGuides® Juvenile Justice Youth Mentoring matches youth (ages 12-17) involved in the Pima County Juvenile Court Center (PCJCC) with supportive and trusted adult mentors to promote positive decision-making, educational attainment, and personal development through effective mentoring practices in both group and one-on-one matches.
|Mentor Requirements||Youth Eligibility||Application Process|
WE NEED MENTORS!
GoodGuides® recruits, trains and supports volunteer mentors to engage youth in exploring career & educational goals, and building healthy social connections through a supportive mentoring relationship.
You don’t need special skills or superpowers to be a great mentor; you will make a difference just by being yourself!
BECOME A MENTOR!
Mentoring is not a large time commitment
We ask that our mentors and mentees commit to
4 hours a month for 1 full year.
Mentoring is Simple
All you need to do is be yourself, be open, and be willing to share your experiences with deserving youth.
Mentoring is a great way to give back to your
community by helping youth discover themselves and build a better future.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to spend at least 4 hours per month with mentee
- Must be able to make a 1 year commitment from time of introduction to your mentee
Mentor Enrollment Process
- Submit an application – MENTOR APPLICATION
- Attend an interview
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide two references, with at least one being professional
- Attend a 4-hour training at Goodwill®
- Attend an Introduction to your mentee
- Must be between ages 12-17
- Must want to have a mentor
- Must be able to spend at least 4 hours per month with your mentor
- Must be able to make a one year commitment from time of introduction to your mentor
- Must want to learn about potential careers and/or higher education
- Must be able to benefit from having a positive role model and friend
Youth Enrollment Process
- Submit an application – YOUTH ENROLLMENT APPLICATION
- Attend an interview with parent or legal guardian*
- Attend an Orientation at Goodwill®
- Attend an Introduction to your mentor; your parent or legal guardian must be present*
How to Apply
Submit an Application
To become a mentor:
To enroll in the mentor program:
Please complete the application forms and email them to either:
Or you can send them by mail to:
Goodwill® Industries of Southern Arizona
1940 E. Silverlake, Suite 405
Tucson, AZ 85713
Contact usElaine Everson Youth Mentoring Program Manager EEverson@GoodwillTucson.org Phone: (520) 623-5174 Ext. 7022 Jason Palmer Youth Mentoring Specialist JPalmer@GoodwillTucson.org Phone: (530) 623-5174 Ext. 7031 Cell: (520) 419-8995 *GoodGuides mentoring is fully funded by Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona.