Goodwill® Industries of Southern Arizona’s Group Supported Employment (GSE) program provides long-term, on-the-job support services that allow adult participants with developmental disabilities to work in a community employment setting. To meet and exceed the standards set by the Department of Economic Securities’ (DES) Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), our Job Coaches work alongside our program participants to provide immediate support at a low service ratio of up to 4:1. GSE program participants learn and develop job skills and work habits at various Goodwill® job sites through job coaching, case management, and individualized service planning to become successful members of our Goodwill® production teams.
Participant Opportunities at Goodwill®
GSE environments are preserved in 7 of Goodwill®’s 15 retail locations in southern Arizona including Tucson, Casa Grande, and Sierra Vista as well as our New Goods Department.
Hours of Service:
Goodwill’s GSE program is provided directly by Goodwill® and authorized by the State of Arizona, DES-DDD. The program operates Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM (closed New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the Friday following Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day). Each participant’s hours of services and store assignment are determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to the needs and preferences of the participant, their funding agent, and their interdisciplinary team.
- Have the potential to benefit from the services offered by Goodwill
- Have a developmental disability documented by a medical or psychological authority
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not present a danger to self or others
- Not require one-to-one supervision
- Not have a behavior treatment plan with goals actively addressing aggressive or assaultive behavior
- Have basic self-care skills
- Have the ability to manage one’s own medication (Goodwill does not prescribe, dispense, administer or physically control medication)
- Have recent physical or psychological exam listing any work or lifting restrictions, if applicable
- Agree to meet requirements established by Goodwill® and the funding source
- Individuals with a history of alcohol or substance abuse must have documentation of 90 days of consecutive sobriety prior to acceptance and/or show proof of current AA sponsorship and involvement.
- Participation in the program is fee sponsored with the guarantee of payment for services by the State of Arizona, DES-DDD.
If you desire additional information about Goodwill’s GSE program or wish to request outcome management data on Goodwill’s GSE program; you may contact Goodwill’s GSE case manager at (520) 623-5174 ext. 7025.