You may think of Goodwill® as just another thrift store, but we’re much more than that!
DID YOU KNOW GOODWILL PROVIDES LOCAL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES?
Goodwill® Industries of Southern Arizona is dedicated to the ideal of strengthening our families and community through the Power of Work! Our nonprofit organization is about providing opportunity to youth and adults that may not find it elsewhere. Goodwill’s mission is to provide jobs and training so people can gain skills and achieve independence. Through our Workforce Development Programs, we provide skill development and support services. Goodwill® is also a major employer in Tucson – our programs and services, donation centers and thrift stores employ over 500 individuals.
In fact, 90 cents of every dollar Goodwill® spends goes back into either employment or supporting programs.
- Every year, we provide employment or job training services to over 10,000 people with disabilities & other barriers to employment in Southern Arizona.
- Last year, we served over 1,400 youth in our 5 local youth programs.
- Hundreds of local youth and young adults have completed the GoodFutures Youth Program where they learned job search and retention skills, and were provided support to pursue their educational and career goals. David, earned his GED and is now working in the HR department for Wal-Mart.
- Our Job Connection Center offered Sean a second chance by helping him find a job and reintegrate into the community. More than 25,000 individuals visited one our six Job Connection Centers and found free professional assistance with their resumes, interviewing skills, and job search activities.
- The work experience and skills Christina gained after participating in the Youth Employment Program led her to a full-time position with a community partner, managing wholesale accounts.
These are just a few of the success stories out of the thousands that Goodwill® of Southern Arizona can share because of supporters like you! Learn more by visiting our different Programs and Services pages for a complete description on how Goodwill® serves our community.
Goodwill® of Southern Arizona is CARF-Accredited
What does it mean to be CARF Accredited? When a program is CARF-accredited, it means we’ve met or exceeded an in-depth review of our business practices. It’s an assurance that we have met rigorous CARF guidelines for service and quality – a qualified endorsement that conforms to nationally and internationally recognized service standards focused on delivering the most favorable results.
Goodwill is a Veteran friendly organization
Did you know that one in ten Arizonans is a service member or veteran? As a workforce development organization Goodwill is devoted to giving vets a helping hand when it comes to getting back to work in the private sector. Transitioning from the life of a service member into the civilian world can be an overwhelming experience. Goodwill has programs and trained staff that are equipped and willing to assist veterans and their families. Oue trained staff can help with accessing the resources and services that best fit each individuals needs.
For more information on resources and services available to veterans and their families, please visit http://arizonacoalition.org/.